Are you ready for the fall season? Here are 10 fall activities you can do with family & friends this year!
- Go to a farmer’s market: usually open during weekend mornings, the farmer’s market is a great place for you to go with family or friends to get local and fresh produce. Look for pumpkins, squash, apples, and other delicious fall fruits and vegetables.
2. Head to a pumpkin patch: what better way to spend the day than go pick the perfect pumpkin for carving (or eating)? Many pumpkin patches are also beautifully decorated which are great for photo opportunities with your loved ones.
3. Visit an apple orchard: see how many pounds of apples each person can pick!
4. Bake fall-themed desserts: pumpkin/apple/pecan pies, cinnamon apple muffins & pancakes, the list goes on!
5. Go on a hike: get your daily exercise while enjoying the crisp fall air. If you are heading to a county/state/national park, be sure to check if it is affected by COVID-19 closures.
6. Take a sip at a winery: some wineries in Napa & Sonoma County are open for outdoor tasting! Check the winery’s website before you go.
7. Add to your garden: some fall flowers to plant include chrysanthemums and pansies.
8. Host a movie night or take a trip to your local drive-in theater: drive-in theaters will allow you to socially distance while still enjoying a good movie!
9. Get lost (or not) in a corn maze: compete in teams to see who ends up finishing the maze first.
10. Plan a picnic at a nearby park or your backyard: enjoy your meal outside with the fall breeze!