If you are miserable in your San Jose Area home because of a broken air conditioner, call the experts at Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air. We have specialized in electrical repair for more than 30 years, with trained technicians available 24/7 to provide electrical and air conditioning services in San Jose and the surrounding areas. Our team has all the necessary equipment to diagnose, assess, and quickly repair whatever is wrong with your air conditioner. Call us today to learn about common problems that may be affecting your unit and for advice on whether it is time to replace it altogether.
Common Air Conditioner Problems Requiring Repair
The Northern California heat can be oppressive, making an efficient air conditioner a must-have for your home. When it malfunctions, your comfort, clarity, and contentment can all be compromised. But you will not be able to do anything about it unless you know the root cause of your broken air conditioner. The NATE-certified technicians at Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air can quickly diagnose your issue and subsequently begin to fix your air conditioner. Among the most common problems that require home AC repair are:
- Low or Leaking Refrigerant – When your AC unit has low levels of coolant or develops a leak, it will not cool the air in your home effectively. Our team will check for leaks and repair any holes in your lines before replenishing your refrigerant.
- Broken Belt – If your air conditioner has one or multiple belts, it may not allow cold air to be dispensed through your ducts. Broken belts may be easy to diagnose because they can produce unusual sounds. Enlist our experts to replace them right away.
- Compressor Failure – Your AC’s compressor unit is responsible for propelling refrigerant through the coils to execute a heat exchange. Too much or too little refrigerant can cause a compressor to malfunction, which can be a serious issue that may be irreparable.
- Coil Issues – If your evaporator coils are frozen or condenser coils are dirty, your unit will not allow the flow of air through your home. Our service technicians can help you maintain these elements to prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Thermostat Concerns – Our San Jose and surrounding Bay Area technicians can quickly remedy broken thermostats. If your thermostat is not working correctly, your house has no chance of maintaining your desired temperature.
Ways Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air Can Fix Your AC
When the sweltering summer has you a little hot under the collar, the last thing you need is a broken air conditioner. But when you need AC repair, you can rely on the professionals at Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air to fix your cooling system. Our trained team of technicians has the expertise to troubleshoot any apparent problems with your unit and quickly provide relief. As part of our AC repair service in the San Jose Area, we can:
- Repair leaks
- Clean dirty coils or drain lines
- Replace filters
- Refresh refrigerant
- Seal ductwork
- Replace faulty belts, coils, or compressors
- Secure electrical connections
- Provide general maintenance
- And more
Deciding to Repair or Replace Your Broken Air Conditioner
Choosing whether to repair or replace your broken air conditioner is a significant decision. On one hand, you do not want to break the bank to cool your home. On the other hand, you should not continue to invest in an AC unit that is on its last legs. Factors to consider while making your decision are your unit’s age, the frequency with which it needs repair, and its efficiency. Ultimately, replacing your unit can improve your air quality and provide long-term savings. Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air recommends replacing your air conditioner if:
- It is more than 15 years old
- The cost of repairs is more than half the cost of a new air conditioner
- Your AC has broken down multiple times in the last year
- Your energy bills continue to rise despite no lifestyle changes
Call Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air for AC Repair
Do not suffer from the San Jose Area heat because of a broken air conditioner. Contact the experts at Pacific Coast Electric Heating & Air for professional AC repair. Not only can our certified technicians troubleshoot your problems and fix your air conditioner, but we also offer competitive pricing and easy appointment scheduling. Furthermore, we provide a 24/7 emergency service for when your AC fails in the middle of the night. Call us today to learn more.